Further to our previous statement issued at the beginning of May and after further consultation and in consideration to the recent ECB Roadmap issued, T-Rippon League Committee have made the difficult decision to call time on any plans to get League play underway this season.
Whilst this is obviously disappointing for everyone it was agreed at an Essex Adult Participation Group meeting that all leagues would give clubs a minimum of 2 weeks notice to start play. Unfortunately we are unable to do this and get the half season in play by 4thJuly so have decided to give clubs a clear line and void the season with immediate effect.
We felt that giving clubs a final decision will allow you all to make plans for the remainder of 2020 dependant step 4 and 5 of the ECB Roadmap and individual club situations. The indication is that ‘normal’ format cricket is still some way off, if at all this summer, and it seemed fruitless us keeping you all on hold waiting for decisions or movements. It will also allow any CWO’s to ‘catch up’ on missed courses in preparation for 2021 season.
If this decision will leave your club facing financial hardship that could affect your future participation in the League please let me know the extent of the issues and I will take it to the Committee to see how we can assist. The League will not be invoicing for any fees (except deposit fee for outstanding / new clubs) this season, this will relieve some pressure on what has been a very difficult and challenging year so far.
The balls for this season are currently in storage and will have to be distributed to clubs prior to the end of August so I will be in contact in the next week with a ball collection date although they will not be invoiced until 2021.
We will be in contact regarding the AGM later in the year.
The Committee would like to thank all clubs for their patience and understanding in this difficult year and look forward to a more settled 2021 season